- Very good sound quality for this price range
- Comes in a bunch of different variations
- Ideal for beginners and intermediates
- Cymbals, hardware, and pedal included
- Great brand
- The stock drum heads are not amazing (you can replace these easily)
- Hardware is of average quality
Pearl are a one of the best brands of acoustic drums around. The Pearl Roadshow is an affordable, full sized drum set that features everything you need so that you can start drumming as soon as you get it.
It is a perfect solution for beginners and intermediates, so you do not need exceptional knowledge when it comes to this particular drum set.
This kit comes with all drum shells, a single bass drum pedal, hi-hat stand, and all required hardware. Therefore it’s a full drum kit package, as opposed to a drum shell set (which people often get confused about).
Here’s how you can assemble the pearl roadshow drum set:
Specifications and Features
This particular drum set comes with 9-ply poplar shells that are covered with the wrap so that you can enjoy in exceptional durability. Have in mind that poplar tends to be a standard wood choice for drums within this price range.
The main idea is that you will get a sturdy and robust set that will last you for a few years after purchase depending on the frequency and level of your playing. When it comes to sound, it features a wide array of characteristics than a maple kit for instance.
However, you will enjoy in hardly noticeable and subtle differences that are perfect for beginners and even intermediate drummers.
The snare and shells are the best things that you will get with it. The snare will produce snappy and crisp sound, which is a perfect combination with other toms.
You will also get cymbal stand, snare, and hi-hat as well as cymbals, bass drum pedal and additional hardware such as a durable stick bag and drum throne (this may vary based on the seller).
The combination of accessories and hardware makes it simple to purchase, and you will be able to set it up even if you have not done it before. The budget price tag will make it a much more appealing choice than other drum sets on the market.
Have in mind that you will get one hi-hat stand, one snare stand, and two cymbal stands. All of this will support everything you get within the package. If you are a beginner or drumming hobbyist, then you will get the high-end hardware for your particular needs.
On the other hand, if you are a more experienced drummer, you will need a more stable ride and hi-hat stand, mainly because you play it all the time. Therefore, you will be able to upgrade it based on your particular requirements.
- Bass Drum Pedal – You will get dual chained single kick drum pedal, which is a standard configuration. Have in mind that it does not have a bottom plate, but still it can help you enjoy in various drumming genres with ease. If you are a student drummer that does not hit the drum by using the force, you will be able to benefit from it.
- Snare – You will have to understand the proper dampening and tuning techniques, but your snare will sound unusual for a long time. We have mentioned above that shells come from 9-ply poplar, and this is the basic set especially perfect for beginners. It does not matter which genre and style you prefer playing because it will provide you the sound you want.
We recommend you to check out the potential that this particular drum set features by watching this video that will help you understand how to use and tune it with ease.
Different Variations of the Pearl Roadshow?
We have mentioned above that it does not matter which style or genre you prefer playing because you will be able to make different configuration of this particular drum set. That will provide you versatile abilities so that you can enjoy all the way:
- Fusion Kit – If you wish to find a Pearl Roadshow Fusion kit, you will get a smaller bass drum that will feature 20 x 16 dimensions. At the same time, you should remember that it comes with smaller toms, which are 12 x 8 and 10 x 7. This particular configuration will provide you the fantastic rock sound, which is perfect for alternative bands.
- Jazz Kit – On the other hand, if you enjoy playing jazz and you wish to become virtuoso in this particular genre, you should choose Jazz configuration. Have in mind that it is the smallest sized configuration that will provide you crisp and high jazz sound. Do not worry, because this configuration lacks the second tom because in most cases jazz music does not require its presence.
- New Fusion – This particular kit will provide you the fantastic and loud rock sound, which is a perfect choice for people and players that prefer this specific style of playing. You will get 22 x 16 bass drum as well as 16-x 16-floor tom, which is an excellent solution that will help you along the way. You will also be able to play soft and subtle tones due to 10 x 8 toms, which is perfect for modern pop tracks.
- Rock Kit – This is everyone’s favorite configuration because you will get two large floor toms within the package (16 x 16 and 14 x 14) which will provide you the ability to make unusual and loud sounds. This particular kit is perfect because you will enjoy heavy hitting tones, which are perfect for hard rock and metal genres.
With Pearl Roadshow, you will get numerous features that will help you enjoy in its sound and ability to become a better drummer than before as time goes by. It does not matter if you are a seasoned drummer or a beginner because you will want to play more when you start with it.
According to previous users, the snare drum is great because it will provide you consistent sound and excellent dynamic range, but you have to keep it properly. If you avoid maintenance, it can produce overtone, which is something that you do not want to happen.
- Value For Money – 9/10 – Even though you have to spare some cash so that you can purchase it when compared with other drum sets, you do not have to pay a hefty price tag. Of course, it is a basic model, and when compared with other drums within the price range, you should understand that it would give you the ability to learn how to play drums so that you can find the high-end drum a few years after purchasing this one.
- Features – 10/10 – This kit comes with practically everything you need to get started.
- Playability – 9/10 – Excellent for playing. A full sized kit, and different configurations that you can choose before buying.
- Sound Quality – 8/10 – Great sound quality for this price. This is something that you will enjoy with the Pearl Roadshow.
In overall, Pearl Roadshow drum kit will offer you the perfect combination of cymbals, hardware, and sound so that you can get the most out of it. Of course, you will not get the best set on the market, but it is perfect for beginners and intermediates on a budget.
The playing will provide you stability, and eventually, you will accommodate the best sounds possible. You can choose various configurations based on your playing style, and as soon as you set it up and tune it, you will be able to use it with ease.